Domestic Arranged Travel Terms and Conditions
About Travel Terms and Conditions
1. If the customer applies for us to arrange travel using the online reservation system (hereinafter referred to as the "online reservation") on this site, the handling shall be as set forth in these Travel Terms and Conditions.
2. These Travel Terms and Conditions comprise part of the "Statement Explaining Trade Terms" stipulated in Article 12(4) of the Travel Agency Law and the "Contract Document" stipulated in Article 12(5) of the same law.
Arranged Travel Contract
1. The customer and Miki Tourist Co., Ltd. (2F Sumitomo Hamamatsu-cho Building, 1-18-16, Hamamatsu-cho, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Registered Travel Agency Commissioner, Japan Tourism Agency No. 1100; hereinafter referred to as “we” or "us") shall (automatically) conclude the arranged travel contract.
2.Under the "Arranged Travel Contract" (hereinafter referred to as the "Contract"), we assume, on consignment of the customer, and by acting as proxy, intermediary, agent, or otherwise on behalf of the customer, arrangements in order to enable the customer to be provided transportation, lodging, and other travel-related services (hereinafter referred to as "Travel Services") offered by the Transport and Accommodation Agency.
3. The contents and conditions of the Contract shall be governed by this Travel Terms and Conditions and the section of Arranged Travel in our general conditions of Travel Agency Business (hereinafter referred to as "Our Conditions").
4. In the case of online reservation, a customer will not be charged with a prescribed travel service fee because the reservation procedure is to be carried out by the customer himself/herself.
5. In the event a customer who is a member of a credit card company affiliated with us (hereinafter referred to as an "Affiliated Company") approves in advance that the payment of the travel fee shall be made by the card of the Affiliated Company, we shall apply the terms of travel under a communication contract in which we accept the application by online reservation and receive the payment of the travel fee without the customer’s signature on the prescribed slip by the card of the Affiliated Company.
Application for Travel, Conclusion of Contract and Payment
1. A customer enters the contents of the agent-arranged travel, the travel start date, and other matters on the prescribed screen for online reservation and agrees to the statement explaining trade terms and applies for the travel.
2. The travel contract shall become effective when we agree to conclude the contract and receive the travel fee.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause, a communication contract shall become effective when a customer enters the credit card information into our settlement screen and a notice of our acceptance is displayed on the contract conclusion approval screen.
4. In the case of online reservation, for customer convenience, we provide a system for collecting applications after selecting multiple travel services, but contracts are for individual travel services.
5. If a customer has a chronic illness, is pregnant, has a disability, or is elderly and requires special attention, please apply for the travel after confirming the availability of the services with the transportation or accommodation facilities that provide the travel services the customer plans to use.
6. If a customer is recognized as being a member of an organized crime group, an associate member of an organized crime group, a related person of an organized crime group, a related company of an organized crime group, a corporate racketeer, etc., or other anti-social force, we may decline to accept the booking from the customer.
7. We may decline to conclude a travel contract with a customer for business reasons.
8. The travel fee will be paid from the credit settlement link screen, which is shown when the arrangement is completed.
Provision of Contract Documents
Immediately after the conclusion of the Travel Contract, we will provide to the customer the contract documents describing the travel schedule, contents of travel services, and other travel terms and conditions and matters relating to our responsibilities. The contract documents will comprise this Travel Terms and Conditions, schedule, and screen explaining trade terms; however, if we deliver a ticket, accommodation ticket, or a document indicating the right to receive the provision of other travel services for any travel services arranged by us for the customer, we may not deliver the above contract document to the customer.
Amendments to the Contract
For travel services booked by online reservation, a customer can apply for amendment of the contents of the contract and change of the traveler by e-mail. If there are any changes, please contact our contact address by email with the tour number the customer has applied for.
Changes in Travel Fee
1. The travel fee may be changed due to factors beyond our involvement, such as revision of fares and charges for transportation and accommodation facilities, fluctuations in exchange rates, etc.
2. If the travel fee received from the customer does not correspond to the amount of money actually expended, we will adjust the travel fee promptly after the completion of the travel.
Cancellation of Contract
1. The customer may cancel the reservation and cancel the contract by paying the following fees.
(1) Travel fees for travel services already provided to the customer
(2) Cancellation fee, penalty charge, and other expenses will be paid to travel service providers for travel services not yet provided to the customer
2. The applicable conditions such as cancellation fee and penalty charge shall be based on Japan time.
3. The cancellation of reservations should be made by e-mail. Please contact our contact address by e-mail with the tour number the customer applied for. For cancellation after the travel start date, please contact the hotel or our emergency contact address.
4. The customer may cancel the contract if arrangement of the travel services becomes impossible due to reasons attributable to us. In such case, we shall refund any paid travel fee minus the expenses for the travel services already provided to the customer that the customer shall pay to the travel service provider.
5. If the cancellation of the communication contract generates a cancellation fee, penalty charge or other charges to be paid to us from the customer, we will receive such payment by the card of the Affiliated Company without the customer’s signature on a prescribed slip when the customer requests the cancellation of the contract.
6. If the cancellation of the communication contract generates a travel fee and other charges that we should refund to the customer, we will refund such fees to the customer by the card of the Affiliated Company. In such case, we will refund in the currency the customer paid at the time of conclusion of the contract. The amount to be refunded to the customer will be the amount converted at the exchange rate specified by the credit card company and may differ from the amount the customer paid to us.
Cancellation by Us
1. We may cancel the travel contract if any of the following conditions apply:
(1) In the event it is found that the customer is an organized crime group, a member of an organized crime group, a person related to an organized crime group, or any other anti-social group.
(2) In the event the member/customer is unable to remit payment by use of the credit card offered by the member/customer due to credit or other reasons. Provided, however, that this shall not apply in the case the travel fee is paid to us in cash or by any other means by the date separately designated by us.
(3) In the event the customer does not pay the travel fee to us by the date specified in the contract document.
(4) In the event a customer makes violent requests, unfair requests, uses threatening behavior or violence in relation to the transaction, or commits any similar acts against us.
(5) In the event a customer commits acts that damage our credibility or acts which hinder our operations by spreading false information or using fraud or power, or commits any similar act.
(6) In the event it is found that the credit card used by the customer to pay the travel fee was fraudulently used and settled.
2. In the event we cancel the Contract due to any of the provisions of Article 8.1(2) or (3), the customer shall pay the fee set forth in Clause 1 of Article 7 "Cancellation of Contract."
With regard to the Contract for which multiple customers (hereinafter referred to as the "Members") who will travel on the same journey simultaneously appoint their representative responsible for the group and apply, we will handle in accordance with the following.
1. We deem that the representative appointed by the customers (hereinafter referred to as the “Person Responsible for the Contract) has full authority to conclude the Contract on behalf of the Members and as such we make deals related to such Contract with the Person Responsible for the Contract. If the Person Responsible for the Contract does not accompany the travelers, the responsible person appointed by the Person Responsible for the Contract shall be the Person Responsible for the Contract after the start of the travel.
2. We assume no responsibility for any debt or obligation which the Person Responsible for the Contract currently owes or is expected to owe in the future to the Members.
3. The Person Responsible for the Contract shall submit a list of the Members by the date specified by us after the conclusion of the Contract.
4. With respect to the reservation that the customer applied for by online reservation, the change of the Members is accepted by e-mail. If there are any changes, please contact our contact address by email with the tour number the customer applied for. In the event a prescribed cancellation fee is incurred, we will collect the cancellation fee and proceed with the change procedures.
1. The extent of our responsibility is limited to the arrangements set forth in Clause 2 of Article 2 “Arranged Travel Contract.”
2. If we or a person/company that carries out all or part of the arrangements for us (hereinafter referred to as the "Arranging Agent") causes the customer damages by willful misconduct or negligence in the performance of the Travel Contract, we shall compensate the customer for the damages. Provided, however, that this shall apply only if notice is given to us within two years from the day following the day on which the damages occur.
3. For damage to baggage, notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause, we shall compensate for any damage to baggage as limited to ¥150,000 per customer (provided that this shall not limit the amount of our liability for damage arising from our willful misconduct or gross negligence) only if we are notified of such damage within 14 days from the day following the day on which the damage occurs .
4. We will not be liable for damages if the customer suffers damages that do not arise from willful misconduct or negligence by us or the Arranging Agent such as those shown below.
(1) In the event the travel schedule is changed or an additional charge is incurred because of a natural disaster, war, riot, epidemic of infectious disease, order of government agency, delay or strike of a flight or other means of transportation.
(2) In the event of refusal of use because of overbooking by airlines, other means of transportation, and accommodation.
(3) In the event the reservation is cancelled and the air ticket or railway ticket becomes invalid because of the customer's own change or cancellation of the original arrangement contents or failure to confirm the departure time.
(4) In the event the transportation service provider refuses to accept the ticket because the name on the ticket differs from the name of the customer due to a mistake in the name or any other description of the customer entered on our application form.
(5) In the event the customer enters false information on the application form.
(6) In the event the customer loses his/her railway ticket, document indicating the right to receive travel services, cash, precious metal, or other important documents, or they are stolen.
(7) In the event the customer suffers damages due to any other reason that we and the Arranging Agent are unable to be involved in.
Responsibility of the Customer
1. The selection of travel services for which the customer applies shall be at the customer's responsibility. When applying, please confirm the contents of the service and apply for the service so that the schedule is not unreasonable.
2. Under the reservation system, the reservation is completed by the name and other information the customer enters. We will not be responsible if the contents entered are incorrect and the travel service provider refuses to provide the services.
3. In the event we suffer damages due to the customer's willful misconduct, negligence, or conduct in violation of laws, regulations, or public order and morality, we shall be entitled to claim compensation from the customer for all damages suffered.
4. The travel shall be carried out by the customer himself/herself. We will not compensate the customer for the customer’s failure to receive travel services due to the customer’s fault.
5. If the customer recognizes that the customer was provided travel services that differ from the contents of the contract after the start of travel, the customer shall promptly notify us, our local contact or our travel service provider directly to that effect at the travel location. If the explanation in response to the customer’s notification is directly given to the customer from the service provider, please notify us or our local contact of the certificate issued by the service provider and the name of the person who explained to the customer. We will confirm and respond to the extent possible. Provided, however, that we will not respond to any request after 30 days have passed from the date of the completion of such travel service.
Handling Personal Information
1. We will acquire the personal information of the customer described in the prescribed form when receiving inquiries, inquiries about schedules, and requests for quotations. We will use personal information of the customer to contact the customer and to the extent necessary to arrange travel services necessary to respond and to receive such services. In addition, we will provide personal information in writing or electronically to travel service providers such as those for transport and accommodation, the Arranging Agents, and shipping processors of our brochure.
2. We may use personal information of the customer acquired at the time of receipt of application for the following purposes.
(1) Response to request for guidance on our products, services and campaigns
(2) Request to provide opinions and impressions after completion of travel
(3) Request for questionnaire
(4) Provision of privileged services
(5) Preparation of statistical materials